Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course
- prerequisite learning 3+ hours on-line
- in-person is an 8-hour day including time for lunch and breaks (cannot be taught virtually)
- Learning objectives:
- Interpret fetal heart rate monitoring using NICHD terminology within a safety culture framework of interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Describe clinical interventions and related maternal-fetal physiology to optimize fetal oxygenation
- Demonstrate collaborative communication in the perinatal setting
- Demonstrate common perinatal procedures related to fetal monitoring
CNE/CME credits available: 11.25 with 0.5 hours pharmacology credits available. Participant must attend entire class in order to receive credits as well as complete the online component prior to class.
Individual Cost: Student materials $135 plus tax and shipping/purchased from Kendall Hunt (must have student materials to attend class)
Instructor Cost: Varies by location and class size. Contact for pricing.
*** Maximum class size is 6 attendees per instructor *** *** Minimal class size is 2 participants ***
Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course
- 8-hour day includes breaks and lunch
- Advanced instructors can offer the advanced course as a virtual option or this class may be taught in-person
- Learning objectives:
- Describe physiologic principles of maternal and fetal oxygen transfer as they apply to principles of fetal heart monitoring
- Appraise the fetal response to maternal pathological and physiological adaptations during the labor process
- Analyze complex case studies and tracings using standardized terminology
- Apply perinatal risk management principles, communication techniques, and documentation strategies to complex and challenging patient care scenario
CNE/CME credits available: 7 CNE/CME with 0.75 pharmacology credits available. Participant must attend entire class in order to receive credits.
Individual cost: Student materials $110 plus tax and shipping/purchased from Kendall Hunt (must have student materials to attend class)
Instructor Cost: Varies by location/virtual event. Contact for pricing. Virtual venue is presented using ZOOM.US webinar format.
The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or ANCC of any commercial products discussed/displayed in conjunction with the educational activity.